Friday, July 07, 2006

Rent House on Memory Ln.

"Kid Cuisine" meals are exactly the same price as "Happy Meals"...what's up with THAT?

Al and I just saw a great rent house, ... and it's way out of our price range...by about $200.00 a month is all...not to mention HUD would never approve it. Is the pesimist in me showing?
Cain't have poor folks livin' too well now can we? Wouldn't want 'em to git too cumfertible, now would we? Naw...gotta makem feel as crappy as we can now, ain't that the truth?

I think there should be some type of "Points" program for people who take care of their rental property, pay their rent on time, don't have complaints filed against them, etc., but can't come up with the money to buy through the Assisted Homeowners Program, so that decent tenants have an opportunity to excel in the voucher program and live in increasingly better properties.
Yeah, I know that's not the real world.
The deposit on the place is $500.00 and it's a 2bd, 1 bth with a PORCH that's just spiritual. A bar in the kitchen, a big bathroom, custom drapes...and trees! Tons of trees.

As it turned out, the owner grew up down the street from my cousins until she was eight...she was my cousin Shannon's best friend for a while...I remembered her from 35 years ago, riding our Big Wheels up and down the Cul de Sac. She remembered my dad, and the show...which is ironic considering. So maybe she'd drop the price about $200.00...just for old times sake? Sure, and maybe I've still got that scar from where I crashed my B.W. into her and then my cousin Trevor.
She's going to check with her husband about doing a sec 8, and call me. If they want to try, I'm willing to try. Whats the worst thing that can happen...HUD denies the request for tenancy and we're out on our asses because I gave them all my money for the deposit? It would be that way no matter who I tried to rent with. People want deposits UP FRONT, this is why on sec 8 you're supposed to have a place lined up BEFORE you turn in your written notice.

Which by the way I did today...crying at the fax machine in Kinko's while Kinko's guy is staring at me the whole time. Home is home...it's been "our home", I don't care what Slummy says. This is hard as hell.

No comments: