Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day My Ass

I'm trying to clean coke off the keyboard at 3:45 in the morning, because in my stressed out state I sleep walked, got my bag of white chocolate M&M's out of the freezer, grabbed Al's 'special treat' coke out of the fridge and I was GONE! The only thing that woke me up was dropping the coke in my lap, splattering it across everything within a five foot radius. I may have been dancing with the coke prior, I just don't know.
So here it is INDEPENDENCE DAY, and I'm facing yet another life changing event as a direct result of my LACK of independence. I'm really f-ing angry about this. Al has his garden, his friends, his HUGE backyard--No, they are not his, they are The Slumlords and I need to get over this dramatic crap if I'm going to help Al get through this. Here it is the first of the month, and my electric bill is almost $200.00 because of said Slumlords unwillingness to fix the ductwork to the back bedrooms--for two years. In order to get it cool enough back there to sleep at night, I have to run the system at almost 65 degrees. Last summer I slept on the couch all summer, Al on a palet on the floor. When OCHA came out to inspect the unit, they informed me a/c wasn't even required to pass inspection, so be grateful I had any at all. When I've approached Slummy about it he tells me I'm crazy, there's no temperature difference. I gave up because I wanted Al to have a good place to live. Let's see how he likes it sleeping back there. Dipshit. Maybe I should leave him my space heater for the winter months in the Antarctic bedroom?
Yep, lack of independence, or dependence on abusive men in one form or another.

No comments: