Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving Day again. What the hell is she talking about now? Last Thanksgiving Day, wich incidently was also my birthday, my Slumlord pulls up in his Jaguar while my truck is in 73 pieces in the driveway so my neighbor could try and revive it one last time, and informs me he's giving me my 30 day notice. Seems he and Mrs. Slulord are getting a divorce and, well, I keep the place so nice and all-he is going to move in here. No I'm not kidding.
Lucky for Al and I, The Slumlords made up, started a new business together, and everythings been peachy ever since...until today.
Are you going to tell me the SOB couldn't have waited until AFTER the 4th of July to drop this bomb on me and my kid? Are you going to tell me the SOB couldn't go uproot some tenant without a child? Or buy a f-ing house of his own? Hell no, not when he can be a bully. Weak bastard.
I had some friends come get Al so he could watch fireworks, because I'm just not in the mood for some reason. I feel so beat. I know there are people we can stay with, but that's not the same as having a home you raise your family in. These tears, shit I feel as if I've failed this child in so many ways. That I would tolerate this man's shit for two years just to keep my son in a good neighborhood. I don't want to post this, but if I don't I'll keep it all to myself, festering.
Why this hurts so much is because I trusted the man, I believed he would never do this again. I naively believed if I did all the right stuff, good stuff would happen. I was actually going to approach him about selling me the house, doing a lease-purchase so I could keep Al in this area. What a jack ass I am.
I don't know how to do any more than I am. If I knew how, I would. If Al's dad would pay some child support, if I could get my credit clear enough to qualify for a home loan, if, if, if.
This is just STUPID. Shut-UP already! Ya whiner.

(Post-post: I posted this, then pulled it, then posted, pulled, posted, pulling won-I left and went to watch the night- sky match my insides, but ended up talking politics, and green chili's with the Minister and friends. The reason I'm re-posting (?) is that when I returned to the-investment-property-previously-known-as-home, I had a comment about one of the multiple 30 second posts from ealier this evening. It's not always going to be cute Al stuff, it's not always going to be my smart ass crap, life sucks sometimes a whole helluva lot. It just seems sometimes like its never ending, especially when your in it.

Is that a meteor?

2 comments:

The Frugalista said...

You have legal rights as a renter depending on the city and state you're in. Go to your mayor's web site (I don't know where you are) and look it up. Do some google searches. Check with your local free law clinic.

Regardless, you've gotta move eventually but you may be able to buy yourself more than 30 days.

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Go down fighting!