Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Investment-Property-Previously-Known-As "Home"

Maybe that last post wasn't appropriate, but I'm just about fed up with assholes...
So The Slumlord finally returns my call this morning, it went something like this:

Slummy- "You have to be out in 30 days, I've already talked to an attorney and I have every right to do this."
Dummy- "Is there any other solution besides uprooting my kid?"
Slummy- "No, your kids not my problem-you have 30 days."
Dummy- "There has to be another option, how fair is it to let your personal problems interfere in our business agreement?"
Slummy- "Because it's MY HOUSE!!!" (It's MY TOY!)

After the call ended and I threw-up, I sent out a general e-mail to about twenty of my friends, briefing them on my situation and detailing my specific housing needs in the hopes that I might be able to find a place within the limited time frame. It's incredibly difficult when you are sec 8 to do this in 30 days. Toss a child with limitations into the mix and the other factors in our life...and it can seem impossible...without calling in the troops. So I did. I never used Slummy's name, nor did I refer to him as "Slummy" at any point. In fact, the only reference to him at all was "My landlord and his wife are getting a divorce and he has decided he wants to live in our house. we have 30 days to find a place. This is non-negotiable."

Tonight Slummy calls me again:

Dummy- "Hello"
Slummy- "I WAS going to give you until the first of September, until I got a phone call a little while ago."
Dummy- "Whaa-at are you talking about?"
Slummy- "I'm talking about you putting my personal business on the computor. Not cool. 30 days!
Dummy- (in my head) Did he just say "on the computor" ?
Dummy- "Do you want me to forward you a copy of what I e-mailed?"
Slummy- "No, I know what you said, you said 'my landlord', that's enough. 30 days, OUT!"

What am I supposed to say "Hey everyone I need some help because...I just really want to move quickly!" It's not my job to keep his secrets. He made HIS personal business MY personal business when he chose to kick us out of here, all I did was ask people for help with MY damn personal business.

He really believes he's that f-ing important.
"I WAS going to give you till Sept. 1st..." that's crap I hear Al and his friends say to each other. "I WAS going to let you have my blue eyed shining dragon card, but since you didn't play with me at recess, now I'm not going to."

... I should never have moved in here, I should have known something was very wrong with this man from the moment I saw those blue kitchen cabinets. I mean no one paints anything that color...except maybe a carousel.

No comments: