Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Adventures of 3-D Danny

I can't believe I have my very own 3-D Danny button and link to his site! I'm like five-years-old again! Danny Williams is one of the crew my dad ran with, and another early television pioneer. He did bit parts on dad's show-"The Adventures of Foreman Scotty", but had his own children's show, "The Adventures of 3-D Danny." (these guys were creative with the titles) It was a time when the world was more full of grace in many ways, and live children's programming was at it's zenith. At least in my mind.

The last time I saw Danny was at my dad's funeral in '94 on a cold November day. Sitting there next to my then Attorney Fiance', wrapped in a $25,000 piece of animal and feeling as if my world had just slipped out of view beyond the horizon-leaving me an emotional orphan in a world I knew so very little about. I had promised dad in the hospital after the Do Not Resuscitate orders were signed, that I would walk him through to the end. Not that he was coherent enough to even know I was there, but it was a promise I made and kept.

After the funeral, as people were paying their respects to the family-which also included this In-bred/dim-wtted/I.Q. of 14/all 6 of her kids have different fathers/hanger-on/succubus/wouldn't let my brother and I talk to dad alone/greedy/and all around general crappy human being of a stepmonster. But I've worked through all that.
Danny walks up to me and, right in front of the monster says "You look just like your mother, she was a beautiful woman."
This is why Dan is still 'the man'.

No comments: